- Garage Doors
- Gate and Garage Openers
- Doors and Windows
- Photo Gallery
- About Us
- Contact Us
Whether you need new windows for the home you are building or it is time for replacement windows to gain energy efficiency, Door Systems Inc. can help. We have many different types of energy efficient windows for both commercial and residential properties depending on your needs.
Window Replacement Options
Did you know that windows come in different levels of quality? At Door Systems Inc. we are proud to offer high quality, Energy Star windows to our customers. Buying high quality windows provides home and business owners with long lasting, maintenance free windows that come with manufacturer warranties. If you prefer a low quality window, like those you would buy from a big box store, we can provide those as well but will only do so at your request due to the limited warranties available and the experience to know these types of windows will not last.
Benefits of Energy Efficient Window Replacement
Energy efficiency is quite the buzz-word these days and you may be wondering about the benefits of installing energy efficient windows. There are a number of benefits in choosing Energy Star windows when selecting new windows for your home or it’s time for window replacements.
- Better Insulation – Energy efficient windows are made with quality frame materials to reduce the heat transfer and help insulate your home. They come with an Energy Star rating, ranking them on:
- U-Factor – Insulating value, lower numbers reflect better insulating value.
- Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC) – Amount of heat from the sun passing through the glass. Lower numbers indicate glass is keeping heat from entering your home.
- Visible Transmittance – Rates the amount of visible light passing through the glass. In this case, higher numbers note glass is allowing more light to enter.
- Air Infiltration – How much air is escaping or entering through the window. Lower numbers are best as they show air is kept from entering or escaping.
- Condensation Resistance – Indicates amount of moisture it takes for glass to condensate when exposed to extreme temperature changes. Higher numbers show better resistance.
Bottom line, energy efficient windows are better at keeping the cold outside during the winter and keeping your home cool during the summer than standard windows.
- Better For The Environment – Because your home is better insulated you are able to use less energy to keep your home at a comfortable temperature. Lower energy usage means your home is using less non-renewable fossil fuels, such as coal or natural gas. All of this results in a more eco-friendly home.
- Lower Costs – Less energy usage in your home means a lower heating or cooling bill. In addition to lower monthly utility bills, there may be tax credit or rebate available for you due to installing energy efficient windows. Check with your local utility company and see if a rebate is available!
- Protection – Energy efficient windows are treated with a special coating that keeps the harmful UV rays of the sun out of your home. Ultraviolet rays have the ability to damage or fade flooring, rugs, carpets, furniture, etc. If you install energy efficient windows, you won’t have to worry about these fading issues.
- Decrease Noise – Energy Star rated windows not only seal out weather conditions, they also keep exterior noises from entering your home. Outside noises such as trains, sirens, traffic, your neighbor’s barking dog, etc. can be greatly reduced with energy efficient windows.
Window Replacement Designs
Your home’s windows are not only important for keeping outdoor elements out of your home, but they also play a key part in the design and curb appeal of your home. Door Systems Inc. has a myriad of home window designs to choose from so you are sure to find the perfect new or replacement windows to complement your home. When choosing new windows you need to carefully consider the age and style of your home. You need to be sure to choose a design that works with your homes style and doesn’t detract from the overall look of your home.
Window Replacement Property Value ROI
According to iSoldMyHouse.com, new replacement windows can have a return on investment of up to 85%. Updating and upgrading your windows will have a positive effect on your home’s property value. If you have an older style home, vinyl windows may not be the direction you want to go as it could lower the value of your home. There are replica wood windows available that can add energy efficiency and increase your home’s value. If you have questions regarding the best windows to buy, our window specialists will be happy to consult with you.
Window Replacement Professionals
Even the most energy efficient window is of no use if it is not installed properly. A poorly installed window can cause homeowners lots of problems, stress and expense. Door Systems Inc. technicians are highly trained and up-to-date on the most current and best window installation techniques to ensure that your windows are properly installed to achieve maximum energy efficiency and longevity.
In addition to new home window and replacement window installation, Door Systems Inc. is a window company that is knowledgeable and equipped for home window repair and window pane repair needs.
Should I Repair or Replace Windows?
There are a number of factors to consider when deciding if you should repair or replace your windows. For example, if you have wood windows and the paint is peeling or chipping on your window frame, it is an easy fix that can be handled yourself or by hiring a painter. Caulk and weather stripping can help seal windows from drafts and increase their energy efficiency. If you have double pane windows and there is condensation or it is foggy between the panes of glass, this is an indication of a more serious problem that will require a window replacement. Window replacement costs will vary depending on several factors such as the size and the type of window you need to replace. Call Door Systems Inc. today to get a replacement window cost estimate.
Door Systems Inc. is a full service window company. Our technicians are professionally trained in window repair, window replacement, and window installation. We offer a wide variety of window styles and designs. Our specialists realize that cost is a major factor when determining if you will repair or replace your windows and are here to help you. Call today to speak with our window specialists regarding your windows; they will help you make the best decision on repair, replacement and the type of window that will best meet your needs.